ART EXPO MALAYSIA 2018


MATRADE, 12 OKT 2018 - Our figure design lecturer, Sir Fauzi had organized a field trip to Art Expo Malaysia. The Event was held at MATRADE Exhibition and Convention Centre (MECC), Kuala Lumpur and joined by 22 countries around the globe. Here are some of the remarkable artworks that I found amazing by myself. 



1. EMERGENCY CASE
Artist: Lampu Kansanoh
150 x 150cm \ Oil on canvas \ 2018 \ RM 43,000

At first, I was surprised by how detailed the artwork have been created. I understand that the artist wish to potray the hardship of doctors in emergency room. As myself is a fan of doctors, especially in emergency and pediatric department, I was genuinely happy to see that their work is being highlighted in the best way. Doctors and nurses face the battle with life and death everyday, so, let us appreciate their work.  

 2. NOWADAYS REUNION
 Artist: Naufal Abshar
H178 cm x W212 cm \ Mixed media on canvas \ 2018

As far as many laughing expressions were shown in this artwork, this is actually a very sad artwork. I am not being sarcasm, but it is the truth for today. As Simon Sinek have give a talk on this issue, people nowadays lack of deep relationship. No matter how long you online, as human, we need interaction and that must happen in face to face. Just how many times we laugh while seeing each others` eyes?


3. HOMECOMING #2
Artist: Wei  Xin Rong
69.5 x 179.5 cm \ Oil on canvas \ 2013 \ RM24,200.00

This artwork is actually quite biased because I personally love an artwork that show the reality of life of ordinary people. The streets, the house, the chocolate tone and messages are really close to life. Although it just shown a man going back to his hometown, I can already feel the vibe resonates in my mind. Maybe he had not back for years? Maybe something change while he was not here? Maybe tears will come out if their meet? Those are some anxious feeling everytime it happen: homecoming.

Comments

Popular Posts